All couples want their wedding to run smoothly, but life happens! Even more so in the last 2 years with Covid lockdowns. No matter how carefully you plan your wedding, there is always a chance that unforeseen issues may arise. Those issues could cost you out-of-pocket for the expense if you don’t have bridal insurance. As you take the plunge and start your lives together, what better way to safeguard your future than by insuring aspects of your wedding day.
Deciding Which Wedding Insurance To Buy
When getting married, there are 3 major wedding insurance brokers in Australia and each one offers a diverse range of insurance options:
- Dream Wedding Insurance is known as the “wedding insurance experts”. Their plans include coverage for event rescheduling, lost or damaged wedding gifts, and failures of your wedding suppliers.
- AAMI Wedding Insurance is ideal for insuring your wedding bands and engagement ring. As part of their service and to determine the amount of coverage you need, they also offer ring valuations.
- Allainz Wedding Insurance specialises in comprehensive coverage wedding and honeymoon travel coverage and insurance for destination weddings. To help safeguard against event cancellations or the cost of a medical emergency in a foreign country, their OneTrip Travel Insurance Plans are an ideal choice for couples.
How Much is Wedding Insurance?
Wedding insurance in Australia is an affordable way to help ensure that your wedding is everything you dreamed of—even when unexpected and potentially damaging events occur. Depending on which insurance provider you select and which items or situations you choose to insure yourself against, the costs of wedding insurance can vary. For individual items such as damage to a wedding dress or the loss of photographs, basic coverage can be purchased for under $500. Personal liability insurance is another option, with many insurers offering coverage for around $200. You should talk to your preferred insurance provider on specifics and addons as like all policys.. they vary!
What Can I Insure?
- Personal Liability Insurance: This insurance is recommended to protect couples in the event of an accident causing injury or damage to property at their wedding.
- Wedding Ring Insurance: Wedding ring insurance protects against lost or damaged wedding bands and/or engagement rings. Insurers in Australia offer coverage to either repair or replace the items.
- Bridal Insurance: Bridal insurance covers the attire for the bride and groom and the wedding party from damage or loss. Australian bridal insurance typically provides coverage to either replace or repair the items.
- Equipment Rental Insurance: Most weddings feature equipment that has been rented from an external vendor (e.g., tents, tables and chairs, linens and decor, etc.). Insurers in Australia offer coverage to either repair or replace items that are accidentally damaged while you are renting them.
- Wedding Gift Insurance: Wedding gift insurance protects against lost or damaged wedding gifts (most often within the 7 days before the wedding). Insurers in Australia offer coverage to either repair or replace the items.
- Transportation Insurance: This insurance is typically offered by the car hire companies as part of their service. Prior to booking, ensure that your transportation service is accredited, licensed, and insured.
Investing in wedding insurance is an ideal way to bring peace of mind to your wedding day.